I Don’t Want To Play Barca” – Man City Collossus’ Dismay At CL Draw


Manchester City's Toure fights for the ball with Bayern Munich's Kroos during their Champions League soccer match at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester

Yaya Toure has admitted that Barcelona were the last team he wanted to face in the last 16 of the Champions League, such is his affection for his former club.

Manchester City face a mouth-watering clash with the Catalan giants in their first appearance in the knockout round Europe’s premier club competition, with many people tipping the English side to topple their more illustrious opponents.

Toure however is not looking forward to taking on Barcelona however, after enjoying three fine years at the Nou Camp, winning everything there was to win before his £24million move to the Etihad.

Toure told reporters: “It’s difficult because I really don’t want to play Barcelona.

“It’s a club I have a lot of respect for, a club which taught me a lot and where I have many friends who helped me.

“I will play against these guys at the Camp Nou. It’s the stadium where I always wanted to play and now I’ll be coming back wearing a different shirt.

“I didn’t want to play in front of the fans who gave me so much love and respected me, but that’s football.

“It will be a great match against a great club with exceptional history.

“We have a great desire to show our fans and everyone else that City are right on track.”

READ THE NEWS? NOT ENOUGH? IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS WITH THIS TOURE STAT

Yaya Toure has added free kicks to his skill-set this season, meaning he has scored more goals from outside the box than any other City player this season, with four of his 12 strikes coming from 18 yards plus.

Powered by Blogger.
My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksTechtunes