Tottenham keeper Hugo Lloris has claimed reports linking him to north London rivals are ‘embarrassing’.


Arsenal Links Are 'Embarrassing' Claims Spurs Keeper

Tottenham keeper Hugo Lloris has claimed reports linking him to north London rivals are ‘embarrassing’.

French international team-mate, Olivier Giroud, yesterday said Lloris could be open to moving the Arsenal if Tottenham fail to qualify for the Champions League.

However the former Lyon number one has laughed off claims that he would move to their closest rivals and has his sole focus on achieving his ambitions for Tottenham.

Speaking to the official Tottenham website he said: “I think maybe some words were twisted, but it is embarrassing. I don’t think that. I’m very focused on Spurs’ ambition and I am very pleased to play for Spurs.

“I have too much respect for the club and the Spurs fans to think that kind of thing. Of course I know [Giroud] very well because we are team-mates in the national team – the same with Laurent Koscielny – but I am a Spurs player and I’m very proud to play here.”

It comes after Tim Sherwood admitted it could be difficult to keep some of his stars at White Hart Lane if they fail to secure Champions League qualification this season.

The Spurs boss is keen to tie defender Jan Vertonghen down on a new deal before the end of the season amid speculation that European clubs are monitoring his situation closely.

Tottenham travel to Newcastle this evening hoping to keep up their chase on a top four place. 

Powered by Blogger.
My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksTechtunes