Orlando Pirates goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa has been added to the Bafana Bafana squad that will face Brazil on Wednesday.


Meyiwa: On the up

Orlando Pirates goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa has been added to the Bafana Bafana squad that will face Brazil on Wednesday.


Predict result and win big with Soccer6



The 26-year-old replaces injured captain Itumeleng Khune who sprained his ankle in the warm-up prior to Kaizer Chiefs' CAF Champions League first-leg clash with Liga Muculmana de Maputo on Saturday.

Meyiwa's selection marks an incredible turnaround which has seen the 26-year-old go from being on the verge of being consigned to the the Buccaneers bench to being part of the national squad.

"This is a big moment for me. I did not expect the call. I went through some tough moments in the past few weeks but I have bounced back stronger," Meyiwa told Pirates' official website.

"I managed to keep two clean sheets in two high profile matches, so, I think that influenced the coaches' decision to call me for this match against Brazil.

"I can only grow from here on... I now have a chance to be in goals against the best players in the World; so, it is up to me to graft hard in the next days and hope that i get chosen to be in the staring eleven; I thank the (National team) coaches for the opportunity."

Powered by Blogger.
My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksTechtunes