Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain says he is relishing the opportunity to play for England against


Oxlade-Chamberlain: Up for the challenge

Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain says he is relishing the opportunity to play for England against Denmark as Roy Hodgson's men begin their World Cup preparation on Wednesday.



Predict result and win big with Soccer6



Oxlade-Chamberlain is part of Hodgson's 30-man preliminary World Cup squad and is determined to prove he deserves a spot in the final 23-man squad that will head to Brazil for the showpiece in June.

The 20-year-old believes the international friendly will bring out the best in the players as the fierce competition for spots heats up.

"Whether I'm playing in centre midfield or out wide, it doesn't really matter. If I get picked, I just need to make sure I put in a good performance (against Denmark)," he told Sky Sports News.

"I have been working for five months to get back on to the pitch so this is a nice reward to be in the team. You always have to be on your toes and take the opportunity when it comes."

Powered by Blogger.
My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksTechtunes