Current Spurs boss Tim Sherwood was not happy after the 4-0 defeat to Chelsea


sherwood 2847015b After the Chelsea rout, Tim Sherwood also appeared to question Daniel Levy

Current Spurs boss Tim Sherwood was not happy after the 4-0 defeat to Chelsea on Saturday and made his feelings very clear – both in his post match interview with Sky Sports and in the post match press conference.

On Monday morning, new quotes have appeared, suggesting Sherwood questioned Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy as well.

Matt Law in the Daily Telegraph details a question and answer session after the Chelsea rout, where Sherwood discussed potentially being number 2 under Louis van Gaal next season.

On whether Levy would appoint a new manager for season 2014/2015, Sherwood said: “The silence is deafening, isn’t it? It’s up to Daniel.”

Sherwood added on continuing as Tottenham manager: “It’s up to the club to make that decision. One thing I guarantee people is that there is no one who cares more than me. I want the team to do very well and it hurts me when they don’t. I need people to be hurting like I’m hurting.”

And on being an assistant to van Gaal, Frank De Boer, who whoever ends up as Tottenham boss: “I never want to be a No2. I feel like I can do the No1 job. I don’t think I’d be good at No2. I’m too opinionated. I wouldn’t want to do the No2 job.”

But, Sherwood, who has an 18 month contract did open the door a little to remaining at White Hart Lane: “I do think there is a place for a technical director. I’m someone who sees the club from the bottom to the top on the training field. There’s a definite place for that. A lot of clubs need to have a person like that, otherwise you get no continuity, you just end up buying seven or 10 players every window and your turnover of players is far too great.”

Undoubtedly, the next three games could well decide Tim Sherwood’s future at Spurs, a two-legged tie versus Benfica in the Europa League with the small matter of the north London derby against Arsenal on Sunday.

Powered by Blogger.
My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksTechtunes