New York City Football Club may have only just decided upon their club crest and still have at least around


NYCFC Fan Gets Club Tattoo Before 1st Game, Defects from New York Red Bulls

New York City Football Club may have only just decided upon their club crest and still have at least around a year until they play their first game in the MLS, but that hasn't stopped a New York Red Bulls fan from defecting to the club and getting a tattoo.

The club's supporters group posted a picture of the stamp on their Twitter feed:


Interestingly, though, Empire of Soccer carries quotes from the fan, explaining why he got the ink:

Being part of something from Day 1 was also a big pull for me. The Man City angle doesn't bother me. I even support another EPL team. MLS learned its lesson with Chivas and I think that’s evidenced by how distinct the NYCFC badge is from Man City’s.

[...]

Once the badge came out, I was struck by the interlocking NYC. It felt timeless to me—bigger than just a soccer team. In my opinion, it will become as synonymous with NY soccer as the interlocking NY of the Yankees is to baseball in the city and the US.

Getting it inked is not just an homage to the club, but to my city.

The club is set to become the MLS's 20th franchise next year. Orlando City is also set to join the MLS in 2015, while David Beckham's Miami franchise eyes a 2017 start.

Powered by Blogger.
My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksTechtunes