Hantz off after falling short at Bastia


Hantz off after falling short at Bastia

SC Bastia are on the hunt for a new coach after parting company with Frédéric Hantz, who had been at the helm for four years.

RELATED ITEMS
Garde to leave Lyon
Ibrahimović honoured
Paris break points record
Sochaux hand Hantz his cards
Hantz opts for Sochaux switch
Under Hantz, the Corsican side – 1978 UEFA Cup runners-up – progressed from the third division to the top flight, but the 47-year-old said: "I failed to take the club to the next level. It was something important for me [...], so I decided to step down. I'm sure Bastia will continue to perform and the knowledge that they will be doing so without me is painful."

Bastia are tenth in Ligue 1 ahead of their final fixture of the season, at home against FC Nantes on Saturday. Hantz came to prominence when he led amateur side ESA Brive to the French Cup quarter-finals ten years ago. He then coached Le Mans FC, took FC Sochaux-Montbéliard into Europe and worked at Le Havre AC before joining Bastia.

Powered by Blogger.
My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksTechtunes